For members of the Museum, repeat visitation allows children to practice skills they are learning in school, and provides safe and age appropriate mentoring opportunities for parents and children. We partner with various organizations to create a safe space for parenting workshops, court mandated classes, and other educational resources that provide tools for healthier parenting, creating informed parents and healthier families. Family Memberships incentivize class attendance and participation.
Our Family Membership Fund distributes around 1,175 memberships (serving around 5,200 annually) to underserved families through community partnerships such as:
- Palomar Health’s First 5 funded bilingual parenting workshops that teach about healthy child development
- Palomar Health’s behavioral therapy program to bring the most vulnerable in our community to the Museum for family behavioral and parenting therapy
- Escondido Head Start preschools
- Escondido Community Child Development Center
- North County Lifeline’s court mandated parenting classes
- Vista Hill holds child visitation after hours at the Museum so parents who have lost custody of their children can work toward reunification and attend parenting classes.
- Our Family Access Memberships offers a reduced $35 rate to those who qualify for certain aid programs as listed here: http://sdcdm.org/visit/memberships.
Through our Checkout Membership Fund we have 220 memberships available for check-out in local schools and libraries, serving around 17,000 annually. Partners include:
- Eighteen Escondido Union School District elementary schools
- Three Escondido Public Libraries
- Coming this Summer… Memberships will be available in ALL thirty-five San Diego County Public Libraries
Thank You to Our 2017 Supporters!