Rent the Entire Museum for your Child's Birthday!
Indoor Museum Atrium:
- 6,000 sqft
- 100 seated/ 250 reception
Outdoor Discovery Garden:
- 7,500 sqft
- 150 seated/250 reception
Museum Rental Includes:
- Use of all Museum Hands-On Exhibits
- Use of Indoor Museum, Outdoor Discovery Garden, Classroom, Kitchen, and Restrooms
- Rentals available for 2-6 hours (including set up and breakdown time)
- Discounts through Preferred Vendors (Equipment Rentals, Photography, Décor & Florals, Valet Service, and Caterers). View Preferred Vendor List
- Opportunity to choose a facilitated birthday party activity View options
- For events under 100 people, permission to bring in own food
- Pricing starts at $950 for minimum 2 hours
- Please contact for quote
- 50% deposit required to book
San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum is a non-profit organization that serves children ages 0-10, and focuses on these critical years of child development while also encouraging families to learn together. Through professionally designed exhibit spaces and programs, children engage a wide range of concepts about science and world cultures. Whether children are playing musical instruments, putting on costumes to perform, discovering history in an archeological dig box, learning about the amazing world of plants and insects, or building structures out of recycled materials, children are able to combine learning with creativity for an educational experience all their own.
When you book your child's birthday party at San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum, proceeds benefit educational programs and exhibits serving San Diego youth.
Questions or Ready to Book?
Complete the online booking form below or contact Events@sdcdm.org to schedule a site visit, check on rental availability and receive a quote. 50% deposit is required to hold event date.
Looking for a Birthday Party option while the Museum is open? More info here
Wanting to rent the Museum for a different type of event? Contact Events@sdcdm.org to inquire.