Thank you for Coming!
Thank you for attending our 2017 Spring Gala: Oceania on Sunday night!
Your generous support allowed us to raise over $70,000 for PlayLAB Exhibit Innovation and our Access for All Initiatives to provide field trip and Mobile Children's Museum scholarships, complimentary admissions, and family memberships to underserved children and families.
Together we are making a real difference to inspire lifelong learners and global citizens. In the past five years in our new location our annual attendance has grown from 15,000 to over 140,000 people. This year we will welcome over 150,000 people to the Museum and provide around 10,000 children hands-on learning experiences with our Mobile Children’s Museum.
Special thanks to the Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians for being our Title Sponsor this year, along with all of our generous sponsors and volunteers. We are truly grateful to our Oceania Event Committee Chair Jack Ford from TAJ Farms for coordinating all the food and beverage providers and volunteers for the event.
I hope you enjoy the event photos and can join us for our future events and programs here at SDCDM.
The Spring Gala: Oceania will feature a variety of food stations around the Museum for you to have a true taste of the Pacific Islands!
Cuisine Food Stations from top local San Diego chefs and restaurants:
Featured Beverage Providers:
Wine Tasting & Craft Beer from:
Craft Cocktails representing different tastes of the Pacific Islands.
Get ready to be impressed with the dance and music performances by Motu Nehenehe Polynesian Dancers! They will perform dances from the Polynesian Islands of Tahiti, Hawaii, New Zealand and Samoa.
The evening will feature a Live Auction, Silent Auction, Opportunity Drawing, and Raise the Paddle to support SDCDM's Access for All Initiative and PlayLAB Exhibit Innovation.
Live Auction Featured Packages:
- Kauai House - $5,000 value
- One week stay in private home overlooking a Kauai coffee plantation and South Shore Poipu Beach. 3 bedrooms/baths, comfortably sleeps six. Generously donated by Kathryn Murphy.
- Montana Getaway - $2,000 value
- Five night stay in Montana home, located in western Montana’s Bitterroot Valley; 3 beds, 4 bath, comfortably sleeps 8. Generously donated by Kimberlie and Gus Bergsma.
- Adventuress Luxury Catamaran - $1,775 value
- Two hour sail in San Diego Bay aboard the Adventuress Luxury Catamaran. Generously donated by Heather McDonald and Kenneth Manzoni.
- Private Dinner for 8 with Chef Indo Reyes - $1500 value
- Up to eight guests will enjoy a private dinner prepared exclusively by Chef Indo Reyes of Posh Nosh Catering. Generously donated by Posh Nosh Catering & Events.
- La Casa Del Zorro, - $1,000 value
- Two nights in a Deluxe Poolside King Room with two breakfasts each morning on the Rose Garden Terrace and two welcome beverages in the Fox Den Bar. Generously donated by Ally McGrory and Jack McGrory.
Silent Auction, Opportunity Drawing, and Raise the Paddle:
- There will also be a Silent Auction and Opportunity Drawing with items such as Vacation Getaways, Local Dining & Entertainment Packages, and more!
- A Raise the Paddle will take place at 6:30pm to raise money for two large initiatives at the Museum: our Access for All Initiative and PlayLAB Exhibit Innovation. Learn More
- Explore the museum exhibits, mingle in the garden, and taste the variety of food and drink offerings from the Pacific Islands at food stations located around the museum
- Attire - Business Casual Island Style
- 21+ Event
- Complimentary Valet will be provided
- We will host a special VIP Reception from 4:00pm to 5:00pm for our VIP Sponsors and VIP Ticket patrons with cocktails, cuisine, live music, and performances.
- $95 – General Admission Ticket
- $125 - VIP Ticket
- $1,000 - VIP Ticket Package (10 Tickets)
Unable to attend but still want to support the Museum? Make your donation today!
Already purchased your ticket but want to upgrade to VIP? Upgrade Today!
TIcket Sales Closed
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Thank You to Our Participating Restaurants, Wineries, and Breweries:
Thank You to Our Auction Donors
Become a Sponsor & Auction Donor
Calling all Community Partners! We hope that you will consider supporting our premier annual fundraising event through sponsorship, auction item donations, or in-kind services.
We offer wonderful benefits built into our sponsorships such as complimentary event tickets, Museum family memberships, print and media exposure, recognition at the event, and in our event program. We will also provide you with a letter recognizing your charitable donation to our 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Please contact Sarah Lara-Toney at SarahL@sdcdm.org or (760) 233-7755 x1014 to get involved now.