San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum (SDCDM) is excited to launch the second year of the Outdoor Explorer Series. The Series is designed to open doors for children to have a broader understanding of our natural world and a deeper connection with nature. It is a multi-faceted program encouraging children to reduce screen time, connect with the outdoors, and get their hands dirty while learning about plants, animals, and the earth.
2017 Monthly Themes:
- January – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink
- Practice the 4 R’s and what it means to be green to protect the earth.
- March - Nature's Treasures
- Use your five senses to explore Mother Nature’s colors, shapes, and sounds.
- May – Ocean Exploration
- Dive into the waves and explore the deep blue sea.
- July – It’s Summer! Go Outside
- Get outside and soak up the sun on an adventure during your summer break!
- September – Jr. Naturalist
- Connect to wildlife and see how we are all part of the web of life.
- November – Space
- Blast off into the universe and discover what is beyond our planet.
Each week the Museum will feature different books, activities, and other hands-on challenges around the month’s outdoor theme.
San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum hopes to acquire additional sponsorship and funding to be able to hold a free nature-themed event during each of the corresponding Outdoor Explorer Series.