Marketing Intern - Summer
This position is a non-paid internship for 30-40 hours per week through the duration of the summer.
San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum (SDCDM) seeks an innovative, organized, and enthusiastic Marketing & Events intern that is ready to jump in and learn through hands-on Marketing & Events projects. The Marketing & Events Intern will work closely with the Marketing & Events Manager to drive the Museum marketing initiatives and lead the public facing and benefit events for San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum. From updating the website and leading social media campaigns to staging event décor and designing invitations for upcoming benefit events, there are a multitude of projects and opportunities to be creative and get a wide variety of Marketing and Event experience.
The ideal candidate will be a college student or college graduate. The position is based at San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum in Escondido, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing & Events Intern supports the Marketing & Events Manager in the overall operation of the Marketing & Events Department, assisting in the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of marketing campaigns, marketing initiatives, and event promotions and logistics.
- Facilitate website updates- create web forms, photo galleries, write content, etc.
- Create and manage social media campaigns- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Yelp, etc.
- Manage event calendar listings on blogs and other online and print calendars
- Identify and coordinate flyer and poster distribution at key distribution locations
- Create videos for website and social media highlighting programs and events at the Museum
- Coordinate administrative aspects of events including registrations and on-site documents
- Conduct market research to identify new marketing opportunities
- Draft e-newsletters - assisting with layout, content, and design
- Staff outreach events around San Diego- distributing flyers, educating consumers about SDCDM, and facilitating educational programs onsite
- Lead Street Team efforts at local distribution events- coordinating staff and logistics
- Graphically design flyers and web banners
- Act as Day-Of event coordinator for private events
Please note that the responsibilities described above are not all inclusive of actual internship duties and is meant to give an applicant a basic summary of the internship opportunity being offered.
- Currently enrolled in College, College Graduate, or equivalent experience.
- Flexible schedule including weekends and/or occasional nights is preferred.
- Graphic design and video design skills preferred.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), attention to detail, self-starter, and takes initiative.
- Spanish a plus.
- Must be comfortable working indoors and outdoors, and able to perform physical activities such as bending, moving around, and picking up items, and carrying up to 25 lbs. short distances.
To be considered for this position, please send résumé and a cover letter to:
Subject Line: Marketing Intern
Once received, your résumé and submitted materials will be reviewed, and if your experience and background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.