POSITION: Director of Philanthropy
Application Deadline: 8/7/17
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for donor stewardship at the Museum. The Director will report to the Executive Director and be a member of the Development and Marketing Team as well as the Museum’s Leadership Team. Their main objective is to spearhead stewardship and marketing efforts to increase philanthropic giving as SDCDM continues to grow. As a new position to this rapidly growing organization, the Director will have the opportunity to mold and manage the Museum’s donor stewardship program. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Donor Stewardship and Solicitation
- Build a donor stewardship plan to develop and steward relationships with existing and potential major individual and corporate donors and involve donors at all levels.
- Oversee and maintain successful donor relations and ensure donor information is accurate and up-to-date in SDCDM’s database.
- Build relationships to advance the organization’s position with relevant constituents, as well as to drive broader awareness and donor support for the organization.
- Lead administrative management of Altru donor database, gift entry, data processing, producing acknowledgement tax letters, and other tasks.
- Correspond with specific donors. Create individual donor reports, including a yearly comprehensive analysis of donor trends. Improve systems for tracking donations and donor information.
- Identify and create solicitation tools needed to effectively communicate the mission of SDCDM and the importance of continued giving.
- Manage donor and sponsor recognition on website.
- Write, design, and send quarterly donor e-newsletter.
- Manage annual report production and annual appeal campaign.
- Monitor, contribute, and utilize social media platforms to recognize sponsors and provide relevant content to donors.
- Investigate possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization's brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
- Oversee development aspects of special events such as donor recognition, donor solicitation, silent auction management, sponsorship tracking and solicitation.
- Design, manage, and act as day-of event manger for certain donor events.
- Oversee Development interns and volunteers.
- BA (required) in Nonprofit Management, Development, Marketing, Business, Museum Studies, or other related field; MA preferred.
- 5-plus years experience in nonprofit development.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team-building skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, donors, volunteers, and board, with an emphasis on tact, diplomacy, flexibility, collaboration, professionalism, and discretion.
- Knowledge of Altru, Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, or other donor database or sales management software, and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Graphic Design and Video editing ability a plus.
- Must be highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to function in a high-energy, dynamic team environment.
APPLICATION: Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.